Author: Lotlot
•6:15 PM


[ I'm not a good cook but I cook everyday for me to assure that I eat healthy and clean food. Moreover, I try to shop healthy foods like vegetables, fruits, fish etc.. Because I believe in the saying, " Prevention is BETTER than cure"; so, I'm trying to prevent myself from harmful diseases. For, I don't want to find myself in the hospital one day or to walk with medicines in my bag. I believe that eating healthy and clean food is a KEY to a healthy life.
When I read this topic, " Quick Tips for Healthy Eating" I was able to confirm that I'm in the right track..., are you too?]



5 easy ways to stick to your diet
By Julie Upton and Catherine Broihier

Healthy Eating Tip #1: Plan Ahead
Plan your menus ahead of time to avoid last-minute pizza runs and take-out meals that can derail your progress.

Healthy Eating Tip #2: Shop Healthy
What you bring home is what you're going to eat, so
make it healthy. Create a shopping list and stick to it when you go to the store. A go-to list helps prevent unplanned forays into the candy and chip aisles.

Healthy Eating Tip #3: Prep Snacks Ahead
When you get home from the store, take a few minutes to prepare a few healthy snacks for later. Wash and trim vegetable sticks; portion out pretzels, trail mix, etc. into snack-size baggies; and put fruit out in a bowl. Next time hunger strikes, you'll be ready with a healthy snack.


Healthy Eating Tip #4: Make Recipe Substitutions You Won't Even Notice
Whenever you can, opt for lower fat ingredients in recipes: skim milk instead of 2% or whole, low-fat cheese and mayonnaise instead of regular, light or fat-free salad dressing instead of full-fat dressing, ground turkey instead of ground beef, fat-free cream instead of regular. You can also reduce the sugar and fat a recipe calls for by one-quarter without affecting the taste or texture of your creation.


Healthy Eating Tip #5: Get Cooking!
Limiting restaurant meals is a good way to limit fat, sodium, and calories in your overall diet, and it makes it easier to stick to a healthy eating plan.
This entry was posted on 6:15 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

On April 20, 2008 at 3:51 PM , Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the MP3 e MP4, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://mp3-mp4-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

 
On April 21, 2008 at 2:35 PM , Lotlot said...

thanks a lot! I'm happy! Yes, sure I'll visit your blog..Have a nice day!

 

OFFICE THINGY

OFFICE THINGY

Me not U

Me not U
ako ni