Author: Lotlot
•4:08 PM
We had no classes the other day and yesterday ( for, it's halloween) , so I was able to relax. I didn't go out for fun... I just stayed home, watched TV, took a rest, washed my clothes and cleaned my nails.
But I sobbed last night because I felt very lonely. My brother lives with me but he doesn't sleep in the house every night because he's at work. So, I always sleep alone. Eventhough I used to live and sleep alone...but there are still times when I feel lonely.That's why I'm happy everytime my mom or my niece or my sister take a vacation here in Cebu.
On the other hand, I felt that I'm bad because I didn't go to the cemetery yesterday and I didn't say a prayer & prepare a food for my dead relatives. ( It's a tradition here in our country to visit our dead relatives in
the cemetery and to pray & prepare food for them during halloween.)
Do you think I'm bad?

This entry was posted on 4:08 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

On November 5, 2007 at 11:16 PM , yamaneko-okumi said...

We have a similar tradition that called Obon and Ohigan.
Obon is a Buddhist festival,it on mid August.
Ohigan is a memorial week including the spring and autumn equinoxes for our dead relatives.
We usually go to the cemetery and to pray.
How wonderful!
Philippine and Japan have a similer tradition.
By the way, don't worry Lota,you aren't bad.
Yes,you didn't go to the cemetery,
but you have a tender heart that's why you felt lonely.
I think ,it's OK if you can't go to the cemetery and pray,only have a gentle heart for your dead relatives.

 
On November 6, 2007 at 3:50 PM , Lotlot said...

I'm glad that we have the same traditions.
On the other hand, maybe you're right that I have a tender heart. I always feel guilty whenever I can't visit my dead relatives. However, I pray for them before I go to sleep.
Thanks Kumiko! See you this evening!

 

OFFICE THINGY

OFFICE THINGY

Me not U

Me not U
ako ni