Author: Lotlot
•6:58 PM


Isla is a Cebuano or a Tagalog word for island. Mahanay island belongs to the town of Jetafe and the town of Talibon in Bohol. The island is divided into three parts. One of it belongs to Jetafe ( my hometown) and the rest belong to Talibon.

Anyway, last Christmas I went home and spent Christmas with my family. Although two of my sibling didn't go home, we had much fun. We had a party during Christmas Eve. Then, we went to Mahanay island on the following day - Christmas Day.

[ the lady in stripes is my sister, Mae; the girl wearing a sweater is my sister, Glomera; the woman next to the boy is my mother, Gloria; and, the boy & the other woman are my brother-in-law's neighbors.]


My brother-in-law lives in that island, so we got a chance to tour around his place, stay in his triangle-shaped nipa hut, eat fresh squids, prawns, crabs, octupos, fish, etc., and swim in their sandy boat harbor.

That time, the sun was shining. It was very hut but we enjoyed swimming, as well as eating banana, ube and other root crops, paired with grilled fish, ginamos and crabs.



Before we went home, the mother of my brother-in-law prepared seafood for us. We were really very thankful to my brother-in-law and his family for treating us well and for giving us a warm welcome.

I am planning to go back in Mahanay Island as soon as I have time. I really like the place. It's so peaceful and wonderful.

This entry was posted on 6:58 PM and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments:

OFFICE THINGY

OFFICE THINGY

Me not U

Me not U
ako ni