Author: Lotlot
•8:56 PM

Two years ago, I started to observe what my mother did on New Year's Eve. Last New Year's Eve was my second time to do what my mother does every New Year.

I prepared 88 coins in different denominations., e.g. 10 peso, 5 peso, 1 peso and 25 cents coins. I prepared 13 kinds of fruits in circular form, like apple, orange, kaki, melon, pineapple, etc. I placed them on a white basin. Also, I put a bottle of rice, a bottle of mung beans, a bottle of white sugar, 13 pieces of eggs, a pack of cottons and a red ribbon. Moreover, I put some coins in my pocket and in the corners of the house. As well as, I hung some kiat-kiat ( Mandarin oranges) on the door and I put some small packs of rice in the four corners of the house.

Also, I prepared food for Media Noche ( midnight meal) like roasted chicken and lechon ( suckling or roasted pig); moreover, a fruit salad for our dessert.

Before New Year's Eve, I watched a show in GMA-7 entitled " 2009 countdown" for me to be aware of the time, as well as to see some performances of the TV station's actors and actresses.


At 12 midnight, the TV show had a fantastic fireworks display. On the other hand, the people in the neighborhood started to make noise as a sign of New Year's Day. Thus, I turned on my DVD player and played a very loud music. I shook the 88 coins inside the penny bank and in my pocket.


Then, we ate the food we prepared. We opened the windows for the lucks and blessings to enter; likewise, for us to see the wonderful fireworks display.


We welcomed New Year's day with a big smile, a great love, a positive outlook in life, and some wishes & hopes.


Everyone in the neighborhood greeted each other a Happy New Year's Day.. Everybody laughed, sang, danced and shouted as they welcomed Year 2009.


Year 2009 is a great year for me.


Happy New Year, everyone!

This entry was posted on 8:56 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments:

OFFICE THINGY

OFFICE THINGY

Me not U

Me not U
ako ni