Author: Lotlot
•6:37 PM
Letting Go

I was totally shocked when I saw the thing inside the native bamboo bag. It was a fetus inside the jar. The fetus that I saw in the photo album. My tears continued to fall as I stared on the jar. I felt pity to the little baby boy that floated on a formalin. He was innocent. I couldn't imagine a mother having the nerve to kill an innocent child inside her womb.

Joseph broke the silence by telling us, " I have kept my baby inside my room for many years. I'm hurt every time I see him because I can remember how bad Linda is for killing my two sons. So, I chose not to occupy my room anymore. Recently, I've realized that this is the reason why I'm disturbed? Why my mind is unpeaceful? I have to let my baby go. My room is not the best place for him to stay. Minutes from now, I'll go to the cemetery to bury him. I'm sure I'll be having peace of mind after I put him to the place where he should be in. I have to move on. I have to forget my two sons and start a new life."

On the other hand, my mind was wandering as I listened to Joseph and as I stared on the baby. It was the baby who made the room mysterious. Since then, the questions in my mind about the strange things Ive noticed and heard in Joseph's room were answered. Possibly, it was him and his older brother who used to play inside the room.

Anyway, my mind stopped wandering when Joseph tapped my shoulder and said, " I have to go to the cemetery now.". Mrs. Honor and I nodded and supported him with his decision. But before he left, I held the jar first. Then, I told the baby quietly to rest in peace and join his brother in heaven; as well as, to watch his father everyday.

When Joseph left, I decided to go to my room upstairs. As I passed by Joseph's room, I stopped and opened it. " The mystery is finally solved. From now on, I can no longer notice strange things in this room", I whispered quietly. Then, I left and proceeded towards my room.

I saw the notebook on my study table, so I got it and read the latest letter from Joseph.

" Luv dear,

Thank you so much for coming into my life. You probably don't know, but you help solve the mystery that disturbed my mind for many years. You're a godsend to me. Thanks a lot luv. I love you so much.
.
Anyway, don't forget about the wedding. I want to move on and spend my whole life with you. I want to marry you as soon as possible. So, I want you to go home and get your birth certificate because it's needed in the wedding.

luv u much,
Joseph"

After I read the letter, I was reminded about the wedding. I was not interested at all; because, I was too young to get married and I wanted to finish my studies first before I got married. In short, I was not ready yet to enter in another phase of life. So, I got a pen and began writing for him.

" Joseph,

I'm sorry. You can't use the wedding in winning me back. Don't worry, our relationship will go back into normal as soon as I can accept the fact that you keep secrets from me.

By the way, I'm planning to go back to my boardinghouse. I'm not interested anymore in living here. I know living here helps a lot with my studies; but, I'm afraid of the consequences that will possibly happen as we continue to live in the same house.

I'm glad that you offer me a wedding. Thanks a lot, but I can't accept it. I'm determined to finish my studies. Sorry!

Lota"


An hour after I put the notebook in Joseph's room, I went to school. I wasn't able to concentrate much in the lessons because I was disturbed by the things that I have just discovered & witnessed and by Joseph's offer - the wedding. I was not sure if I was right on not accepting the wedding BUT I stood for my decision.

to be continued...
This entry was posted on 6:37 PM and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments:

OFFICE THINGY

OFFICE THINGY

Me not U

Me not U
ako ni