Author: Lotlot
•5:21 PM
The Confrontation

Our relationship went on smoothly while waiting for the scheduled date of the secret wedding. Yet, it was beyond our grasp that everyone in the family has already discovered our secret relationship until one morning while Joseph was cycling Mr & Mrs. Eugene called me for a meeting.

I was clueless on what the meeting was all about until Mrs. Honor showed me the notebook. " Alas! We're caught.", I uttered silently. Then, she stared at me and said, " Why didn't you tell me that you're having a special relationship with Joseph? We go to school together everyday but you never tell me anything. Lot, you know that I and my family like you, but why did you keep your relationship secret?".

I was speechless. I couldn't answer Mrs. Honor's questions. I felt I was in the hot seat. I wanted to ask help from Joseph, but he wasn't there. I held back my tears and I remained silent. Then, Mrs. Honor continued speaking, " We will not stop both of you from loving each other. In fact, I'm happy because Agnes will no longer force herself to Joseph. But, I feel bad to the fact that you're planning to get married next week yet you have never told us about your relationship. Why do you have to have a secret marriage? Why didn't you tell us about your plans?

I remained quiet because I was deafen with the many questions that Mrs. Honor asked me. I didn't know what to answer first and how to begin answering. Anyway, Mr. Eugene interrupted, " Lota it's alright with us if you get married but I'm worried about you. You're just 18. You're still very young to enter marriage life. Are you sure you really love our son? Are you sure you'll not be having regrets in the future? Joseph is too old for you. You're smart and you have many ambitions in life. Don't you think getting married early may hinder your ambitions? Well, we'll not stop both of you from entering into marriage BUT we want you to think many times first before you do it. It's easy to get married but it isn't easy to get out from it. So, please think, think and think first. "

Mrs. Honor nodded and said, " Eugene is right. Lota. Think first before you decide to get married. This is for your own good. Do you understand?". Confused, I replied, " Yes. Thanks for the reminders. You're right. I really have to think many times. Anyway, I'm really sorry. We were wrong in keeping our relationship secret.".

" It's okay. But, we'll no longer allow both of you to study together in the study table and to eat together. And, I don't want to see you talking to Joseph anymore.", Mrs. Honor said. " What? Why?, I asked. " I'm afraid something will happen if you stay close to each other. What if you get pregnant? Are you ready to become a mother?", she replied. With eyes wide open I said, " pregnant? mother? of course, not. I'm not yet ready for it.".

" So, it's a deal. Don't think bad against us because we're just doing this for your own sake. I know Joseph will get mad at us if he knows that we talk about your wedding; so, don't tell him, okay?", she added. I had no other choice thus I said, "YES".

An hour later, Joseph arrived.

to be continued...
This entry was posted on 5:21 PM and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments:

OFFICE THINGY

OFFICE THINGY

Me not U

Me not U
ako ni