Author: Lotlot
•4:43 PM
Keeping Distance

Everyone in the house was so quiet when Joseph arrived. Mrs. Honor made a hot chocolate quietly. Mr. Eugene read the newspaper dumbly. Joel and his family stayed in their room noiselessly. And, I watered the flowers in the yard silently.

Joseph stayed in the yard after he changed clothes. I was not allowed to talk to him anymore so, I pretended that I didn't see him. I kept on watering the flowers as if no one was watching. At times, I would glance at him secretly to see if he looked at me. Then, I would laugh voicelessly when I caught him looking at me.

I continued on keeping distance from Joseph. I stayed away every time he attempted to go near me. I didn't write in the notebook anymore. And, I would not study in the study table downstairs once he was there. On the other hand, Joseph was not stupid so he noticed that I kept distance from him.

One afternoon while everyone was taking a nap, he went inside my room. Though I was busy preparing visual aids for my report, I still noticed his presence. We had already been in the relationship for many months so I knew every detail about him particularly his scent and the perfume he was using. Although I missed him a lot, I ignored his presence since it was the right thing to do.

Joseph remained standing at my back for some minutes. My heart started to melt. I felt pity on him so I smiled at him and instructed him to sit beside me. Without delay, he asked my why I ignored him. Of course, I denied his accusation since I was not allowed to tell him the reason why. I knew he suspected that I was not telling the truth but he nodded.

Furthermore, Joseph asked me if the papers for the wedding were ready. So, I gave him the papers for him to see. I stared at him as he inspected happily each paper. I wanted to tell him that the wedding might not be pushed through but I didn't have the nerve to tell him.

When Joseph left, I stopped making visual aids. Instead, I thought of him and the coming wedding. I wanted to be married by him despite the reminders I got from his parents. Yet, I doubted the wedding to come true. I have sensed that something bad would happen prior to the wedding day.

After a deep thinking, I decided to write a letter to Joseph's parents.

" Dear Ma'am and Sir,

I'm really sorry for not telling you about the relationship that I have with your son. It is not our intention to keep our relationship secret forever. It's just that we believe it is the right thing to do in the interim.

I want you to know that I'm determined enough to finish my degree. So, don't worry about me and my relationship with your son. Joseph and I know our limits as far as our relationship is concerned. I can assure you that we will not go beyond the limits.

On the other hand, thanks for reminding me about the wedding. Don't worry I'll think about it many times before I make my final decision. I know I have already agreed to Joseph about it, but I'm sure he's willing to understand if ever I say NO to it.

Anyway, I don't think I can continue ignoring Joseph's presence when I'm here. This task is really hard for me since we live in the same house. So, I have decided to quit from working here. Next week, I'll go back to my boardinghouse.

I'm hoping for your kind consideration.

Respectfully yours,
Lota"


Right after I wrote the letter, Joseph's parents as well as Joel left for school. Then, I saw Joseph in the garage fixing his mountain bike. So, I immediately went downstairs to see if the master's bedroom was opened. Luckily, it was opened so I entered and put the letter on the side table.

In the evening, I went to school for my evening classes. While I was attending my last class, my heart pounded very fast. I was restless yet I ignored it. Then, I went home right after the class.

As I was about to enter the gate, I heard Joseph talking angrily towards his mother. I was frightened so I stood still outside the gate. Seconds later, I saw Joseph opening...


to be continued...
This entry was posted on 4:43 PM and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments:

OFFICE THINGY

OFFICE THINGY

Me not U

Me not U
ako ni