Author: Lotlot
•4:18 PM

My grandfather was very strict but very helpful when he was still alive. He had a farm with many fruit trees like mango, star apple, guyabano, coconut, etc.. And he didn't allow us before to climb in any of the fruit trees. We didn't understand him yet before, what we had in mind was he was very bad; but actually, he was just afraid that we might fall from the tree.

One day, my 2nd-degree cousin brought some sugar in the classroom. (We were 8 years old at the time and we were both in Grade II ). I asked her some sugar but she wouldn't give me if I didn't go with her in the farm of my grandfather to get mangoes. The mango trees of my grandpa were guarded with caretakers who had guns with them..and speaking of guns, I was really afraid of those when I was still a kid. But I had no choice because my cousin, who's a spoiled lass, would pinch me and wouldn't give me sugar if I didn''t go with her. Besides, I really liked sugar before, so we both went to the farm to get mangoes. Unfortunately, the caretakers saw us and pointed the guns on us. And he told us that he would shoot us the next time we did it and he would tell my grandpa too. I and my cousin were very scared and we ran fast as we could.

At that time, I and my brothers & sisters were living in my grandparents house because our parents went to Cebu. I didn't know what to do when I arrived at the house. I didn't eat lunch and I went inside the closet because I was really afraid at that moment (..what if the caretaker would come and would tell my grandpa that we attempted to steal his mangoes ). But, it was very hot inside the closet so I went outside the house and climbed & stayed above the tamarind tree the whole afternoon.

In th next day, I and my cousin were having problems because we're already afraid to pass the farm of grandpa; and, it was the shortest way in going to school). From that day on, we're always late for school and we decided later to wake up early so that we'd not be late anymore. These were the consequences that we faced from the bad thing that we almost did.

It took a year for us to recover from that phobia. For a year, we were afraid to go to grandpa's farm and to look at the caretakers & their guns. As far as I could remember, we ran everytime we saw or met across the caretakers.

I really can't forget that frightful and unforgetabble, but funny experience of ours. With it, I learned that it's not good at all to get things without asking for permission; even if the owner of the mangoes is my flesh and blood. And another thing I learned, I shouldn't be too much strict when I'll become a mother someday.., like grandpa before. Because it would lead someone to do bad things... Like that experience of ours..., If only grandpa was not that strict, we'd not do it instead we'd asked permission from him. We were afraid even just to look at his eyes, how much more to ask for permisson?

This entry was posted on 4:18 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments:

OFFICE THINGY

OFFICE THINGY

Me not U

Me not U
ako ni