Author: Lotlot
•3:49 PM
"The First Cut is the Deepest" is the song of the famous singer, Sheryl Crow. I first heard this song last 2004 when I was on vacation in San Francisco, Agusan del Sur, Philippines. My cousin has had a Restaurant & Karaoke Bar at that time. While I was there, my cousin asked me to take charge of her Resto Bar.

Well, I had enjoyed a lot as an in charge of that Resto Bar because I met many people. One of them, had become my boyfriend; he was one of our valued customers. As far as I can remember, he was broken-hearted the first time he went to the bar. He went there not just to eat but to sing & get drunk as well.

As an in charge, I roamed around the area from time to time, for me to see to it that the waiters and waitresses served our customers well. While I was roaming around, I saw him( my ex-boyfriend) sitting in the dim corner of the bar. He looked very sad and he was very silent while staring at the bottle of beer on his table. I was curious so I went to his table and I asked him if he was alright? I didn't know what was on his mind but he told me everything that made him sad.

While he was telling his sad love story, a sad love song was played. I listened to the song while listening to him. Suddenly, his tears started to fall from his eyes. So, I asked him, " Are you alright?". He replied, " Yes, I am. It's just that I'm struck with the song. It tells my love story. What's the title of that song, anyway?". We asked the DJ right away and we found out that the title of the song was " The First Cut is the Deepest".

From that night on, our friendship has started. We used to share our problems to each other and give advices as well. To release the bad feeling we had inside, we rode in my motorbike and went to distant places. Well, I have liked riding a motorbike since I was younger. Riding the motorbike, eating together and going to distant places had become our relief whenever we're exhausted.

After few months of knowing, laughing and helping each other, we'd become lovers. Our relationship had gone on smoothly even if my cousin and my aunt disliked him. They disliked him because he was the nephew of my aunt's husband. They wanted me to find a guy from other clan. Although my ex-boyfriend had a work and was very handsome, still my aunt & cousin didn't like him. They wanted me to find someone better than him financially...ggrrrhhh! Nonetheless, they didn't hinder us from loving each other. Thus, we were very happy with our relationship. We had even planned to settle down in the future.

Yet the smoothness of our relationship had stopped when his ex-girlfriend came home from Japan. His ex-girlfriend begged him to accept her back and offered him marriage. Gradually, our relationship had turned into a nightmare. He was confused on what to do. He didn't want to give up our relationship but he was very curious to see his ex-girlfriend. Because of his selfishness and greediness, I decided to leave from the relationship.

Of course, I had cried for many nights after I quit from our relationship. I usually found myself riding the motorbike very fast without direction. It wasn't that easy to forget him.

A month later, my aunt has introduced a guy to me. Although the guy wasn't that good looking, he had most of the things and attitudes that my relatives and I were looking. He's almost perfect in all aspects.

Guess what? That guy has become my man and my EVERYTHING for many years now. And, I have no regrets for loving and accepting him in my life.

Last year, my ex-boyfriend called me. I felt pretty because he has still remembered my mobile number. For many months, he has been asking for my hand. He wanted to marry me. He told me that he didn't marry his ex-gf because he loved me more. He added that he chose not to disturb me for a few years because he wanted to go back to me once he's financially prepared. I was flattered because he has built a house and a small business for us. He was very confident in telling me how ready he was for the wedding and for our future family. Unfortunately, he was unsuccessful in winning me back.

At present, I'm very happy, together with the destined man for me. On the other hand, my ex-boyfriend is still single. He has no girlfriend at all. Well, life is just like that. There's always an equivalent prize in everything we do. If before he could relate his love story with the song, " The First Cut is the Deepest", now, he can relate it with the song of Alicia Keys, " Karma".

Nevertheless, our break up wasn't that bad at all. With it, I've found my better half. With it, my ex-boyfriend has made a house and a business; likewise, he has bought a motorbike. I was his motivation in getting everything that he's got now. I was even touched when he said, " Lot, you're the reason why I bought this motorbike? This motorbike symbolizes our good old days. It's sad to say that we can no longer ride together whenever we have problems.".

It's the song, The First Cut is the Deepest, that gives me the idea for this entry; in that, I heard this song three hours ago.


This entry was posted on 3:49 PM and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments:

OFFICE THINGY

OFFICE THINGY

Me not U

Me not U
ako ni