Author: Lotlot
•4:02 PM
A Hard Decision to Make


When the class ended, Mrs. Honor told me to remain inside the classroom. I was afraid because I suspected that she already knew about me and her son, Joseph.

After she arranged her things on the table, she told me to go with her in the director's office. As I've mentioned earlier, her husband was the director of the school. My heart pounded even faster. I couldn't measure the fear and the guilt feeling I had inside. It was in my mind that they would avoid me from going out with Joseph.

" Good morning, Sir!", I told the director as I smiled and bowed my head. " Have a sit, Lota.", he replied. I felt like I was in a hot seat at that time. I thought they would get mad at me because I went out with their son.


" Lota, Honor and I have observed that you're not only doing good in your classes but in getting along with other students as well. So, we've decided to offer you to live in our house. Our granddaughter, Kenneth, feels bored because her mom is very busy with work. We want you to live with us because Kenneth wants you to be her bestfriend. ( I've met Kenneth when I visited the director's house.). Don't worry, aside from a free board and lodging, we'll pay you for living with us. Is it okay with you?, the director asked.

[Huh!], I took a deep breath after I listened to what he said. [ Thanks, God for saving me today! I thought my world would end. ". I told myself silently. Ma'am Honor, Sir Eugene, I'm sorry I can't decide about it now because I still have to tell my parents about this. But, I'm willing to accept your offer because I need money. I don't want to bother my parents when it comes to financial needs at school. Yet, I'll have to inform them first as a sign of respect.". Is it alright with you, Ma'am..Sir?, I replied.

" It's all right with us. Of course, you have to inform your parents about this first. Anyway, just tell us the updates, okay? they said. " Yes, Ma'am. Thank you very much, Sir...Ma'am for the offer. I really appreciate it. I'll inform my parents about this tomorrow... I'll go ahead, Ma'am...Sir.", I replied.

Afterwards, I went home in that my last subject was in the afternoon. My boardinghouse was a throw stone away from the school, so I could go home after the class. When I was in my room, I thought deeply if I had to accept the offer or not. The offer was good. I could earn money from it. Although, my tuition fee was free, but I needed money for my allowance, board & lodging, miscellaneous fee, projects, etc..The offer was the solution to my money problem.

On the other hand, my mind was in chaos. I could hardly decide because of Joseph. For me, it wasn't a good idea to live with them. I was afraid of the many possible things that might happen, e.g, What if I fell in love with Joseph because we would live in the same house? What if his family would know about us? What if our closeness would go beyond the limits?, etc.

Since the following day was Saturday, I went home and informed my parents about it. At first, my father didn't allow me. He wanted me to focus on my studies. He said I couldn't concentrate much on my studies if I lived with other people's house. But, my elder sister insisted that it would be a help for us since we were financially poor. In the end, they agreed that I had to accept the offer.

The next day, I went back in my boardinghouse. Despite the blessing that I got from my family, I was still confused about the offer, whether to accept it or not. Likewise, if I had to be happy because I could earn money or if I had to be afraid for the bad possibilities that might happen along the way.

Thinking of the hard decision to make, I felt asleep. It was already evening when I woke up. The room was dark so I stood up to switch the light on. Subsequently, I sat in the corner of my bed.

Seconds later, something caught my eyes. Guess what?....


to be continued...
This entry was posted on 4:02 PM and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments:

OFFICE THINGY

OFFICE THINGY

Me not U

Me not U
ako ni