Author: Lotlot
•3:09 PM

I used to lead the prayer of the rosary at home, in the church or in any religious gatherings when I was younger. My mother is very religious; so, teaching us how to pray the rosary, chaplet etc. is part of her upbringing. She used to whip our butt if we fell asleep during the prayer; likewise, she used to let us pray the rosary when we did something bad.

When I studied high school, I was able to use what my mother taught me about the Rosary because I studied in a catholic school. Moreover, my sponsor was a very religious woman too, so we prayed the rosary at night and dawn. It was kind of sacrifice for me; but, it taught and helped me a lot to be what I am now. Well, I'm not that very good as a person but I'm not that bad too..hehehe

Anyway, here are the Mysteries of the Rosary. We follow these when we pray the Rosary, like for example: The Joyful Mysteries on Mondays and Saturdays, The Sorrowful Mysteries on Tuesdays and Fridays, etc.


The Mysteries of the Rosary

By tradition, Catholics meditate on these Mysteries during prayers of the Rosary. The biblical references follow each of the Mysteries below.

The Joyful Mysteries
(Mondays and Saturdays)

1. The Annunciation
2. The Visitation
3. The Nativity
4. The Presentation
5. The Finding of Jesus in the Temple


The Luminous Mysteries or Mysteries of Light
(Thursdays)

1. Jesus' Baptism in the Jordan.
2. Jesus' self-manifestation at the wedding of Cana.
3. Jesus' proclamation of the Kingdom of God, with His call to conversion.
4. Jesus' Transfiguration.
5. Jesus' institution of the Eucharist, as the sacramental expression of the Paschal Mystery.

The Sorrowful Mysteries
(Tuesdays and Fridays)

1. The Agony in the Garden.
2. The Scourging at the Pillar.
3. The Crowning with Thorns.
4. The Carrying of the Cross.
5. The Crucifixion.

The Glorious Mysteries

(Wednesdays and Sundays)

1.The Resurrection.
2. The Ascension.

3. The Descent of the Holy Ghost.
4. The Assumption.

5. The Coronation.

This entry was posted on 3:09 PM and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments:

OFFICE THINGY

OFFICE THINGY

Me not U

Me not U
ako ni