Author: Lotlot
•7:12 PM
The Other Side of Me

I used to eat breakfast with the director's family. I used to love the hot chocolate that was served every morning. I didn't know if it was a coincidence, but Joseph and I sat next to each other most of the time. And, he would always tease me by touching my feet using his foot.

On the other hand, he would always join me when I studied in the evening. Well, he was an English professor, so he made his lesson plan, checked his test papers etc. in the study table with me. While we were studying together, we used to conversed through writing. He would write everything he wanted to tell me on a paper and he would pass it to me secretly. And, he would always wait for my reply. Minutes later, we would laugh quietly for us not to disturb his mom who prayed every night for long hours.

Written conversation was often our means of communication. I started to like it. It thrilled me in that it was unusual for me; because, I've been very talkative since I was a child. A couple of weeks later, we became very close without the notice of everybody.

Speaking of written communication, I was able to show the other side of Lota. I was invited by my professor who was a staff of the city's newspaper, Bohol Inquirer, to contribute write-ups to their gazette. It was a great honor for me because only a few were chosen and invited to write for them; and, I was one of the chosen few.

Although I've been having a passion in writing since I was young, I still needed inspirations. So, Joseph was first on the list. It was not only because he courted me but it's also because he encouraged me to do the things I've wanted to do and he taught me things that I didn't know about English.

One week later, the fruit of my passion and hard work came.

to be continued....
This entry was posted on 7:12 PM and is filed under , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments:

OFFICE THINGY

OFFICE THINGY

Me not U

Me not U
ako ni