Author: Lotlot
•3:08 PM

The Child Jesus and the Blessed Mother give the Rosary
to St. Dominic and St. Rose


I was reminded of the Month of the Holy Rosary when I happened to pass the church this morning. The month of October is the month of the Holy Rosary for us, Catholics.


As far as I can remember, I used to hate in going to school when the month of October came. I studied high school in a catholic school, so we always had to pray the rosary after the flag ceremony, before and after classes and on our religion ( Christian Living ) subject. What made it worse, each of us had to count the number of rosaries we recited and let it listed by the secretary. We were graded in our religion subject according to how many rosary recitation we had.

Well, my teachers before were mostly nuns because the school was dominated by the Daughters of Charity sisters/nuns. Yet, I had liked studying in a catholic school as a whole. If there's one thing that I couldn't forget, that was the memory I had in my high school days.


Anyway, the feast of the Holy Rosary was established by Saint Pius V on the anniversary of the naval victory won by the Christian fleet at Lepanto, October 7, 1571. The victory was attributed to the help of the holy Mother of God whose aid was invoked through praying the rosary. The celebration of this day invites all to mediate upon the mysteries of Christ, following the example of the Blessed Virgin Mary who was so singularly associated with the incarnation, passion and glorious resurrection of the Son of God.
This entry was posted on 3:08 PM and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments:

OFFICE THINGY

OFFICE THINGY

Me not U

Me not U
ako ni